Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You gotta keep busy







I've always heard that you need to keep busy when you retire but I never thought I'd be more busy once I retired. I've always loved woodworking so I stocked my workshop full of all sorts of tools and saws and started slinging sawdust and wood chips but learned real fast that I need to clean it off me before entering the house.
Madeline didn't exactly love sweeping up behind me. I built birdhouses, shelves and all sort of country items that people loved at that time and Madeline learned to tole paint so we started selling at craft shows. I got orders from other painters for unfinished items so often that I was working 12 hour days and I thought I was supposed to be retired. I literally built 1000s of birdhouses for others to paint and resell but once the country craze ended you couldn't give wood items away so I was able to spend more time in our yard building and planting things. I'm posting some pictures of a few of my projects including some of our western town garden with well and building, the bridge over our goldfish pond and some spring flowers. We have walks and paths throughout our property and named some after our grandchilden complete with street signs.

1 comment:

Tattycat said...

Nice pictures! You are getting to be an old hand at this blogging thing!