Friday, November 28, 2008

Triple Event Day

Thursday was quiet a special day for us. It was Thanksgiving day which we always celebrate with as many of the family as possible. We had 15 this year.
The turkey and all all the trimmings, including this "Turkey cake", were enjoyed by all.

The second event was our 54th Anniversary which happened to coincide with Turkey day.
This card was posted by our daughter Deann on her blog. Thank you sweety.



The third event was the clever way our oldest daughter let us all know the sex of her newest expected grandchild, her second. We knew her daughter- in-law Summer was expecting but the sex was kept a secret from us until they could reveal it to us all at once.
She asked me if she could borrow the legs of the turkey that I was carving. I never know what to expect so I said sure. She used them to dress up the plate above, with pink, to let us know it was a girl..We have 8 grandsons, 3 granddaughters, and 1 great grandson so I believe everyone was thrilled to welcome another girl.



As if those triple events weren't enough, I believe we hit a home run if we include the beautiful day. It had to be the most perfect Thanksgiving day,weather wise, that I can remember.
We all enjoyed trampling in the leaves and walking off that turkey.
Our grandsons, Joseph and Adam, enjoyed playing with Ethan, our great grandson.





Ethan found an old mop and had fun pushing leaves around.
He will soon have a baby sister to play with.





2 comments:

Deann said...

Great photos...I hope you don't mind that I "borrowed" two of them. You're right—it was a lovely day (both inside and out), and we had a wonderful time!

Same time next year?

Karl and/or Madeline said...

Help yourself to anything I post hun.
Yep...same time same place if the good Lord is willing. To heck with the creeks rising.