Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fried Green Tomato

One of my favorite foods is crispy fried sliced green tomato coated in corn meal.
The type you get in restaurants are almost uneatable in my opinion.
They use large tomatoes that are almost ripe and slice them too thick.
The trick is to pick them about half grown with less water content to get them crispy.
My mouth has been watering since I planted my 9 plants and watching this first tomato reach the picking size.
Today is the day if I can get Madeline to cook it for me since she is the expert in getting it just the way I like it.
I'll grill her favorite food, which is salmon, using my secret marinade and seasoning so I bet she will agree.
MMMM MMMMMMM Good......... Karl ..

Fast forward ahead..........After lunch

My plan worked..Best meal ever.
Delicious crispy green tomato slices, Salmon fit for a queen and my own style of grilled chopped potatoes with rosemary and garlic seasoning.
I believe those were the best fried tomatoes Madeline has ever cooked and she loved the salmon and taters. We topped it off with strawberry shortcake. Is this a good life or what?

3 comments:

Tattycat said...

Shame on you Karl! Poor little Isaac and I over here eating cold bologna and you and Mamaw feasting like that! Just kidding. I'm glad you finally got your favorite maters. It all sounds delicious!

Deann said...

I hope the okra plants do as well as the tomatoes did!

Karl and/or Madeline said...

Awwwww, sorry about that Laura. I'm gonna save the next one for you. I didn't think this one would ever get big enough. It wasn't much bigger than a tennis ball but was delicious. Karl

The okra is growing real slow Deann but maybe it will take off soon. I do have one small bell pepper though.